I tried out a digital image this week from 2 Cute Ink Digital Stamps. It was hard to choose just one image but I finally settled on Best Fins. Eek! I love it!
I am not a Copic marker expert by any stretch of the imagination so I combined paper piecing with a teeny bit of Copic highlighting.
Supplies: Cardstock [Staples, Recollections], Design Paper [American Crafts, Studio Calico], Digital Stamp [2 Cute Ink], Dies [Taylored Expressions, Simon Says Stamp].
I used my own sentiment created with a font from kevinandamanda.com from their "Fonts for Peas" page. I used Pea Elise Joy. I LOVE the fonts on this site!
It is so easy to create your own sentiments for small tags like this. Here is a non-visual tutorial:
1. Create a new word processing document. [I use MSWord 2011 for Mac.]
2. Type up a few sentiments like Happy Valentine's Day, XOXO, Love You, etc. You may need to re-size them to fit your die cut. I just place my die over my monitor to check if it will fit. Be sure you have your "zoom" setting at 100%.
3. Change the font for the sentiments by highlighting the sentiment and choosing a new font. Re-size to fit the die cut if required.
4. Print the document on regular copy paper.
5. Attach a die cut tag with a temporary adhesive over the sentiment. I check to be sure that the sentiment fits by turning over the paper. I can clearly see the outline of the die cut through the paper and can easily adjust the placement of the die cut.
6. Put the paper right back in the printer and press print!
7. This technique is really easy and has worked for me over and over when I couldn't find a sentiment small enough or with just the right words!
I actually used this method to print my digital image as well. I wanted to print the fish image on a couple of different papers so I cut bits of patterned paper and temporarily adhered them over the printed digital image and fed the paper through my printer again. It worked like a charm!
Here is a simpler, even more clean and simple version:
Happy Heart Day on Thursday! Go red just for the fun of it!
Check out the inspiration from our guest designer and the rest of the Design Team:
Lucy Guest Designer
Meghan --> you're here!