March 05, 2013

CASology Week #34 Bunny

Hippity Hop...Easter is on its way!

I love the bunny, chick, and of course chocolate symbolism associated with this holiday.  Cute baby animals and the promise of warmer, drier days appeal to me for sure!  The cue card this week at CASology is bunny!  So get a hop on and show us your best bunny cards!


I went to my Pinterest Card Inspiration board and found this picture that I pinned from Cassie Trask's blog.  I loved the shape of the cards, the colours, and, well, just everything.  I went in a bit of a different direction than she did and cut the entire Labels 11 die for the card front.  Cassie just cut the bottoms of her card front and back from the die and was able to get a longer card than the actual die.  So clever!

Supplies:  Cardstock [Staples, Neenah Solar White], Design Paper [American Crafts], Stamps [Paper Smooches], Dies [Spellbinders, Taylored Expressions].

I love this set by Kim Hughes at Paper Smooches!  I couldn't believe that it had a carrot image as well in the set...perfect!

I couldn't find an Easter sentiment in my stamps so I just did the whole computer generated thing from this post. Easy peasy.  I had fun coming up with some seriously corny ones too like "Will work for carrots" and "Hoppy Easter" but I settled for a tried and true sentiment!

Just for fun, here is a second card with a less traditional sentiment:


I laugh every time I read this!

A quick tip when using a card base with a rounded bottom...trim a tiny bit of paper off the bottom of the center to make a flat spot for the card to sit.

Hop on over to the design team and guest designer blogs for some additional inspiration!

Jenny Guest Designer
Melissa Creator/Co-ordinator
Ardyth
Jen
Rosemary
Tracey
Judy
Maureen
Meghan --> you're here!


16 comments:

  1. These are adorable - the first sign of spring! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that paper smooches bunny, always makes me smile and fab cards you have created with him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan I love that stamp and it is on my PS wish list. Your cards make me smile and your colouring is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meghan, I do love this quirky bunny stamp! Your shaped cards are fabulous, and I love the punny sentiments you thought of, too! Great tip for standing up a shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha!!! LOVE your cute little cards, meghan!! what a funny little bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, you had me smiling, Meghan, with this sweet PS bunny card, so much fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! These are brilliant especially "Will work for carrots"! Love the background papers and the fun shapes and that goofy PS bunny always makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh cute, very cute! Love the expression on bunny's face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is one funny bunny!!!! Knew it was one of Kim's stamps right away!!!
    Gotta love Paper Smooches and you make her stuff shine!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful smooches bunny! The cards are too cute!

    Thanks for commenting on my cards too!

    I want the smooches set for the cute leprechaun too!

    Have a super day Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your shaped cards! The non-traditional is just plain fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your shaped card and your bunny is so funny! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only does this little guy make me smile, he makes me giggle out loud! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this label shape as a card! Your bunny is super-cute on the patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your super cute bunny cards and the great punny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!