April 01, 2014

CASology Week # 89 :: Joke

Okay.  This is no joke....this was a tough one [and I believe that it might even have been my suggestion...oops]!


When I think of joke I think of "Knock, Knock" jokes.  I couldn't think how I could get a full "Knock, Knock" joke on a card.  Sigh! So I went with a more subtle approach.  Here is my first go:

Supplies:  Card stock [Neenah], Stamps [Lawn Fawn], Font [Lemondrop from dafont.com], Cut file from the Silhouette Store.

I'm sure you get this one [my husband didn't, though].  A decidedly clean and simple card.  On the inside it says "you're classic."  Haha, right?

Here is my second go:

Supplies:  Card stock [Neenah], Stamps [Paper Smooches], Cut file from the Silhouette Store.

Hope you get this one.  I didn't even ask my husband about this one.  Hate to stress him out too much!

Stop by the CASology blog and check out how this week's guest designer and the other design team members tackle this challenge:

Melissa CASology Creator/Coordinator
Ardyth
Jen
Tracey
Judy
Maureen
Kimberly
Gillian
Joyce
May
Meghan --> you're here!

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Meghan, love your die cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I didn't get your first card until you said the inside it says "you're classic." Such a clever take, Meghan!!! Brilliant!!!!!! Could you give me some hints for the second card? I'm such a slower! May

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both adorable! I love the idea of the window to allow the reader to see the inside and the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully fun and cute!!!!!!!!! Love the windows too!!!! Clever, love the way you did these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you took the inside out Meghan! Clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both so sweet and clever. I am glad that I was not the only one whose brain went to 'knock knock' and wouldn't leave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, Meghan! I really karacked up over that second one with the evil hungry, yet oh-so-charming cat!! I love your design layouts on both! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both rock, Meghan! I love that awesome speech bubble window on the first one and that classic camera! And ditto to Darnell's comment. That kitty has such a great "Who me?" look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! Certainly made me laugh! What great dies too :D Thank you for your kind welcome as a GD, so lovely :D x
    p.s Our poor husbands LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so cute, Meghan. Love the first one. I've seen the sentiment read: "You're not old", then inside, "Heck, you were old LAST year!" I think the cue card is one that really makes us think...how to translate a joke into a card. Love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. What do husbands know??? I think your cards are very funny!! And super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meghan, these are both absolutely clever and funny! (I gave up asking my DH card questions long ago!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!